As we all do at the beginning of a New Year we look back at the old and make some resolutions for the new.
This past year for me has been a hard year dealing with family illness and having to deal with a lot of new changes.
In 2017 I am really going to make changes for the better for me! Sounds kind of selfish but I have found that if I take care of me I can take care of everyone else better. So this is what I have decided, I got these ideas from a paragraph I read. Not sure who wrote it but I am going to try and deliver it:
1. Live beneath my means. Right now I have tendency to go crazy when I shop so I will try to think seriously before I buy.
2. Do something nice and try not to get caught. Be humble. Not sure exactly how I will accomplish this but I am going to definitely try.
3. Listen more talk less. This one is hard for me I love to talk!
4. Every day take a 30 minute. I will try depending on weather. My husband will love if I do this.
5. Strive for excellence, not perfection. I am bad at this in certain areas so I will be definite working on this
6. Get organized. I have started but have a long ways to go.
7. Be kind to people and especial those who are unkind. Let someone cut ahead of you in line! I have always strived for this hope to continue.
8. Realize and accept that life isn't fair. I realized this 15 years ago and I think I've been coping pretty good. Life continues to put up road blocks and I hope I do ok going around them.
9. Go an entire day without criticizing anyone. I really want to work on this. Especially as women we are so critical of one another!
10. Learn from the past. Live in the present and do't sweat the small stuff. It is all small stuff.
11. Slow down. I have a tendency to rush everything I do, if I would just slow down it would take me less time
Happy New year to everyone. I hope 2017 brings you much joy and happiness